Find out the release date, price and more all in one convenient place
Update: It’s over! For videos of the announcements, please visit Nintendo’s official Switch website.
Update 2: Added system specs.
Tonight at 8 p.m. PST, Nintendo will stream an event where the company will announce the price, release date and more details about the Nintendo Switch console.
We’ll have a live blog of the announcements as they happen. Come back to SCG at 8 p.m. PST to follow along with the live blog if you’re unable to watch the presentation. If you miss it, the list will be here for you when you have a chance to look at it as well.
What are you expecting Nintendo to announce about the Switch? What do you hope the system can do? What do you hope Nintendo doesn’t do with the Switch? Lets us know, and don’t forget to hang out with us at 8 p.m.
- March 3, 2o17 is the worldwide release date
- $299.99 in the US
- Online services support smart device app, online mode will be a paid service beginning in the fall 2017
- Switch will be region free!
- Nintendo details how Switch is an evolution of all Nintendo systems
- Controllers are called Joy-Con controllers
- A video vignette is shown highlighting switching between modes
- Battery life will ranged from 2 1/2 hours to 6 1/2 hours
- Can be charged while playing using A/C adapter or USB
- Up to 8 systems can connect for local gameplay
- Joy-Cons can read NFC data and they feature shoulder buttons
- Switch has a share button for screenshots and eventually for video sharing
- Each Joy-Con has motion control
- Joy-Cons will have straps and come in blue, red and black
- HD Rumble feature allows for precise rumble that can allow for things like feeling as if the Joy-Con is a glass with ice cubes moving around and being filled with water
- Over 50 developers on-board, over 80 games in development
- Square Enix, Atlus, Sega, Bethesda, Suda51, EA and more working on games
- Montage video shows off tons of games
- Two versions of the Switch at launch – one with two grey Joy-Con controllers and with one red and one blue Joy-Con
- Retail pre-orders begin for Japan on January 21
- 1,2 Switch announced, launch day title (uses Joy-Con controllers and the HD Rumble feature to create mini games like a western-style shootout showdown; the game is played through face-to-face interaction)
- ARMS, launch window game (motion-based fighting/sports game that “uses extendable arms to battle”)
- Splatoon 2 announced, coming summer 2017
- Super Mario Odyssey announced! Coming holiday 2017. (Will follow the Mario 64 and Sunshine style, features Mario’s cap having a mind of its own and new gameplay.)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 announced
- Fire Emblem Warriors announced
- Dragon Quest X and XI coming in Japan
- Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 coming to Switch
- Project Octopath Traveler announced
- Skyrim confirmed for Nintendo Switch
- Untitled Travis Touchdown (Suda51) game announced
- EA Sports FIFA coming to Switch
- The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild new trailer shown, coming March 3, 2017